DYK

Friday, July 13, 2018

4 HUMANS A BOT AND A PILE OF SHIT

It is tough to find themes to write about when there are 300 users logged on, playing ROC. Despite the fact that we are lessen in numbers, I'm getting horny about coming back, so much that today I tried to remake clan w3. What later happened made me realized that years have changed, number of users have changed but ill characters are still floating like shit on the open sea.
Where are we? Oh, yes, shit floating, sea, 2018, warcraft 3 ROC. Channels and clans. Well before I continue here is a brief history of clan w3Roc Team (w3).

Back in 2007 there was only one major site where everyone posted replays, played occasional tournaments, showmatches, battle net challenges. It was www.replayers.com and every single notable person has started there. Now you know the history of Ottoman empire, Roman empire. They all died eventually. That happened to replayers.com as well. And the first website that picked up where replayers stopped was www.w3roc.com. Unlike replayers, w3roc was more centralized, less open for trolls and flamers and much more appealing to part of the community that was held together on the basis of respect toward eachother. Once w3roc came out, me and Chibi (w3roc website creator) decided to create a clan that would keep players together on different realms. He made clan w3 on East/West and I created it on Europe. This is all happening in the end of 2007 and start of 2008. New website existed along dying replayers and continued to exist when replayers went completely offline, becoming the only website that kept the community together for something less than a year. Similar situation that www.rocarena.com is doing for the past years. During these years 2007-2014 clan w3 existed and hosted more than 100 tournaments, few events and leagues. After I went away 1987Orc kept the clan alive for some time but eventually he gave up on it as well.

Now that is all in the past. But its huge past. It is an important past. If there is a past that I would like to repeat, I'd pick that one. 

Today I tried to make first step toward that goal by gathering friends from all active clan channels in hope they will help me to recreate clan w3. So I started going around every channel's clan that I could think of. Since it was just pass the noon, barely anyone was online. But still, the will to do it in tough conditions just kept shining inside. Blazing fire. A blazing fire in a deserted home, I thought. In 3 minutes I gathered 3 friends, SUNWELL, SHAD and K1CkMyAsS_SyZz. So there were we, four riders against the wind that carries the rain, trying to get others to join us in a mission to recall the past. A huge task for such a small party, right? Well, the party became bigger in a matter of minutes because K1CkMyAsS_SyZz mentioned bots. So I went on stealthbot.net page, got one after so many years of using it and put in online with 1 CD key that I found in some lost .txt file. So there were we, four humans and one bot, still doing the same.

Minutes were passing by, but people were not coming. Suddenly I noticed this.


Now first thing that popped in my head was : Who the fuck is ChodyLabes? I started recalling all my mortal enemies from the past, couldn't find the connection. These are the moments that I regret that I am a human after all, which can't keep track of every single detail that happened in the past to just pull out the information from a locker and use it. Mind kept torturing itself with the question that continued to ask : Who the fuck is ChodyLabes? Eventually I assigned his file as  'nobody' and I moved on to another question : Why the fuck is this 'nobody' banning me? And what was the clan I was in when I was banned? What the fuck is happening right now?

So many questions, so little answers. I profiled ChodyLabes and I saw he is the chieftain of clan WaR. My friend syNtec is a shaman there. Then I started connecting dots. For the past few nights, we, the ones who are coming back, were gathering in channel clan WaR where we would play custom games, mostly 2vs2. We would get in that clan mostly because syNtec was hosting most of the games from that channel. Still in none of those games, in none of those discussions I saw anyone called ChodyLabes taking part, participating.

But there he was today, this little nobody, banning me from "his" clan for writing 'hello friends could you help me recreate clan w3'. This nobody called ChodyLabes decided that it was a perfect moment for him to become someone.

After this me, SUNWELL, SHAD, K1CkMyAsS_SyZz and a bot were sitting in channel w3. Realizing that there is just not enough of us to do what we want to do we decided to try later. So we parted way and I went to clan ROC to ist with rocarena_host and RoC.Host respectively. While I was sitting there acompanied with 2 bots ChodyLabes appears in channel and writes wall of text but this is what matters: 


Nobody banned me. Except ChodyLabes. Perhaps it is because everyone except ChodyLabes knows what clan w3 is. Or they don't but they don't feel threatened by the idea of a it. Or they are just not shit wannabes as ChodyLabes is. 

I made a promise to ChodyLabes. And I look on keeping it. Clan w3 is still in the past. That is about to change. And that bot, the 5th, will get first command when I designated him upon clan w3 creation.

.shitlist ChodyLabes

That's a promise.

3 comments:

  1. I'll help you to create clan w3. Maybe try again this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Chodylabes is just a deadbeat parent with nothing better to do than sit in his clan channel 24/7 banning folks and recruiting noobs.

    ReplyDelete

I will moderate comments for posts older than 14 days. Bear in mind that I will remove your comment if I find it rude, stupid or useless.