DYK

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MY NEW ICON

It is a happy day today. I got the icon I always wanted to have. However, I wouldn't be able to get it without help of my dear friends and other people who employed their free time to help me.

As most of you know I used to play the ladder on highest levels long time ago. I still hold the record which obviously will never be taken down with highest solo level ever on Reign of Chaos. I was 18 years old when I hit my level 55 solo with random in the strongest ladder era of all times. I played a lot and I wanted to do something that nobody did before. With rivals such as HATE-LOVE-ANGER, Pumppaaja-eki, Ojune, ReignOfDark, N811-Master, OrcoUser, Han, EyeOfTheDruid and many more it was really a pleasure to be one step above and  to compete with them every day. 

When that ladder era was over and when my goals were achieved I started to create tournaments and events because many of mentioned players switched to that battlefield. We all had great time playing many events I organized for www.w3roc.com then replayers.com and finally my own www.w3cups.tk. Those events were truly golden era of custom events on Reign of Chaos because great number of those tournaments gathered more than 64 players per week.

Today I have no intention to prove as a player anymore. Nor as an organizer of events. I strictly play for my own pleasure and fun. Levels don't matter, stats don't matter and tournaments in which I can meet 1 or 2 players of my caliber are something I don't take part anymore. That was a sad revelation I discovered when I came back in the July of 2011 after 3 years of inactivity in which, sadly, clan w3 which was at that time 5.5 years old was disbanned because of leader's inactivity.

Lack of competition came as a blessing in the middle of November of 2011. Understanding that stressful atmosphere around popular tournament platforms such as BMF and the other cups of that format is usually not pleasant mostly because that is the playground of new faces who have yet to prove themselves I decided to fully focus on getting my Medivh icon. About that unpleasant atmosphere and newbies who are making it unpleasant some other time.

I believe this was the best decision I could have made. I never had so much fun and joy playing my favorite race. Using the lowest capacities which modern skill and micro consume I surrendered myself to their biggest enemy - joy of improvisation.

Tower rushing opponents like Ganz, ignoring rifle/ caster strategy and often playing with machines to annoy my less experienced opponents I had the best time ever. With help of my dear friends and clan mates with who I shared my account I got my favorite icon. 

Thanks to Casualties aka Cuborg for great help. Also Famous-Gamer and Felix who improved their Human skills by playing on my account. Thanks others, mostly some known abusers who helped me to win the games without playing them. And last but not the least, thanks to my opponents who got owned in this little crusade of mine.

4 comments:

  1. yoyo dinko :)
    congratulation!
    yours felix ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gratz dinko!(ive played some games too 0,02% xddd)
    your friend tet

    ReplyDelete
  3. u made me stay at home with beer

    ReplyDelete

I will moderate comments for posts older than 14 days. Bear in mind that I will remove your comment if I find it rude, stupid or useless.