DYK

Monday, September 16, 2013

VANKOR MADNESS

How good and how amazing is every single game that he sent me in this replay pack. How incredible is his play that makes his opponent playing in a tempo that guarantees a good game. I am amazed. Interview and link to the replay pack are inside the post. Replay pack link fixed!




Lets do the boring part! Name, country, age?
George, Greece, 26.

Nowdays, an average active ROC player doesn't know older stuff than 2010 so when it comes to real old school players like you the majority is totaly uninformed. Help them out and write the most important stuff that you achieved in Warcraft 3 gaming in the past.
I used to play ROC and when TFT came out I made a switch. My nickname on Northrend was You.Cant.Win but my real nickname in clanwars and leagues was Vankor. My most notable clans were mouz and fnatic. I attendted some WCG's and stopped playing after WCG Singapore 2008. Ever since I play professional poker.

May 2004. before the trolls were born
Folks also don't know that you were/are beast in UD vs UD and that in your best time you won Korean superstar 4K.Fov in LAN during one of your WCG trips.
Haha, ye. UVU is my favorite matchup. Among Europe it was known that I was the best UVU player. I didn't fear about Koreans and I trusted in my UVU since I enjoyed playing it so much.

How come you play ROC again and how did you find out about W3Arena?
I was on vacation to Athens for some poker tourmanet with three friends of mine. One of them had TFT installed on his laptop. After I told him that I used to play it and that I was very good at the game he wanted me to see playing some. For those 2-3 days we spent there I played some games from his laptop. And I got the chills man! Totaly forgot how adictive and nice this game is. So when I came back to Thessaloniki that friend gave me his account name and password to download Warcraft from the web. I downloaded ROC and tried to install TFT from my old CD but the PC kept on reporting the bug. I decided to play and to stick to ROC. Then one day, while I was playing in ladder, one guy told me about W3Arena server. Zero ping is great and on battle.net I have high latency because Greek connection is a badaas.

What do you think of players on W3Arena? How high is the skill level?
Some really cool guys on the scene and some bad manner and whiners too but gladly no hackers. The skill level is very good also and there are so many strong players.

Any favorites among matchups or players?
Not really. But every Undead mirror is enjoyable. I would also like to play more games against LNo (thetester on W3Arena) because we met 4 times at the time I was rusty.

What is you opinion of map pool? How do you handle on maps?
I have to say that I am in love with Rift Valley (S_A_I_B_O_T's creation). It is also nice that map pool is big and that you have many vetoes. I am still not much into matchups but I will try to be objective. NE vs UD seems really hard and in some maps impossible. UD vs HU favors UD in most maps except Lost Temple where Human can mass expands and tanks. UD vs ORC seems balanced but it also depends of map. About other races I wouldn't be right to be asked because I haven't played/watched any games. I do hear that NE vs ORC is impossible for Orc.

Any suggestions for the server?
I would like to see detailed statistics like in the original battle.net with all the reports.

Vankor's Replay Pack (click to download)

8 comments:

  1. Wow such nice games.. too bad I dont have all the maps and some that I have dont work work.. like secret valley.. This guy has amazing map control! Lots of these reps could be rotw's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hampi, why don't you download W3Arena map pack from the blog?

      Delete
    2. I did but still doesnt work, I got maps in all possible folders lol but secret vallet still wont start -.-

      Delete
  2. The link seems to be down! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Dinko!

    I gotta admit that this is a very nice idea. Congratz on that and keep it comin'

    About this player, he is pretty awesome!

    - artigo157

    ReplyDelete
  4. Link for reps isnt working -_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you please, fix the downlaod link Dinko ? I would really like to see that.

    ReplyDelete

I will moderate comments for posts older than 14 days. Bear in mind that I will remove your comment if I find it rude, stupid or useless.