DYK

Thursday, July 12, 2012

SWEET MEMORIES

I started playing Warcraft 3 after coming back from seaside where I spent lovely time with my friends. One of them, Aca, gave me a game CD to repay me for helping him out with money during our holiday. After several days which I spent with my friends figuring out what was the game about, I decided to go in LAN and to play some games. Me and three of my friends decided to...
play 2 on 2 match on the biggest map we can find with some specific rules. I remember as it was just yesterday, how we picked Divide and Conquer and used a hand-game to decide who will be in team with who.
We agreed not to attack eachother for at least 15 minutes because we needed time to build up our armies. We also agreed to announce each attack so everyone can be well prepared. 
Even tho I was complete newbie I obviously got the worst possible ally. This friend of mine was so slow, asking me every second what this Hero does, how many towers should he make, how can he upgrade the base and so on. Like I freaking knew the answers after having 2 days of checking out how to move my mouse cursor and using keyboard at the same time. 
Struggling with my own game problems, and having troubles to answer his questions, our opponents were getting stronger and stronger and with each attack, we were closer to defeat. They had this perfect plan to destroy me first, because they were saying that I might make them some problems and my friend is complete newbie and killing him will be a piece of cake. 
That is how it was and after several successful attacks I was literally waiting for the to finish us and I used that time to check out for some new things that my race offers. That's how I become aware of Workshop and towers that I can make.
THE IDEA
I made around 50, because my gold count was very big and my opponents were in their bases recreating their armies. After a while, they came right next to my base, proudly yelling "We are attacking!". I had that hidden evil smile on my face when they started moving to my bunker because I knew I made the right stuff. 
As their units were dying my evil smile was becoming demonic laugh as and they couldn't believe what is going on. Looking at what was left of their big army after only few seconds on the hot field that was under the siege of my Canon towers they were trying to figure out how to beat the beast. The rule was that once you go into the battle, there is no retreat. Fight until the last unit. So they obviously lost that battle and few next battles that came after. 
I felt invincible, loudly saying how I found the perfect strategy, the unbeatable recipe. My bunker was getting bigger and bigger and I was expanding it from goldmine to goldmine because I had no units. I only had Palading level 10 in my base, sitting and waiting for another wave of enemies to find out that level 10 is the maximum level you can get.
THE SALVATION
Game was getting in the third hour and my opponents still couldn't figure out the solution to break my base. They were just repeating their actions which caused the result being repeated over and over again. I might lost a few towers in each wave but I had more than 100 of them so it really didn't matter. 
We were running out of the time that we payed for playing in LAN and two of them went to the guy who was working in the cafe. In their way to the PC where that guy was stationed, they couldn't stop talking about their plans on how they will beat my Canon towers. I was, along with my newbie teammate, laughing at their hopeless situation and waiting for them to attack so my Canon towers bring me another flawless victory. 
I noticed that the guy who was maintaining the cafe kept them longer he should and I also noticed that evil smile that I had hour ago when I found out about my perfect defending solution. While they were approaching to their PCs, the guy who they spoken to just about a minute ago, loudly said what he must have said to them few seconds ago: "JUST MAKE MANY BIRDS! THEY CAN'T ATTACK BIRDS!" I remember that the smile from my face vanished and that I immediately thought: 
"What is this guy talking about? WHAT BIRDS?" It did put the fear in my bones but at that time, my Warcraft 3 experience which was several hours long, was  telling me that Canon towers will kill everything they see. I was comforting myself and I didn't want my enemies to see the fear in my eyes or to hear it in my voice. So I kept doing the same and that was making Canon towers. 
Finally, they came near my base and proudly and loudly announced their attack. I instantly said something like: "Come on bitches, you are just the food!" And then they moved their army of Wyverns and Gargoyles toward my bunker of Canon towers. And they were attacking and attacking and attacking while my Canon towers and Paladin level 10 were observing what is going on and how the kingdom of my towers disappears in fire. 
In first few seconds I stood quietly, waiting a reaction from my army of towers to please itself and make a fucking move but after a minute I was starting to talk with my PC like a commander that talks to useless soldier: "Attack you, cunt! What the fucking is the problem, why just not fucking attack?" And then someone touched me on my shoulder and I turned to see who it was. It was the guy that my enemies were talking to few minutes ago, smiling at me like he was the one who owned my base and my lovely Canon towers. "Your towers can't attack birds" - he said. I instantly asked why not and if that is some kind of bug but he couldn't find the proper answer. He was just repeating "Because they just can't". I just said: "Okay, then it must be a bug." and continued looking at my final defeat. 
After the game I came to my enemies who were my friends in real life and congratulated them on their victory. They admitted that they wouldn't be able to beat my strategy if that guy didn't tell them about the birds who, after that day, became a hit.
Now I know that Canon towers attack only ground units and I don't make Paladin when I want to win the game. Still, this one was of the best and dearest games I've ever played.

3 comments:

  1. enjoyed reading this thx =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still, this one was of the best and dearest games I've ever played.

    and this was one of your best blog entries

    ReplyDelete

I will moderate comments for posts older than 14 days. Bear in mind that I will remove your comment if I find it rude, stupid or useless.