DYK

Saturday, March 23, 2013

W3ARENA CUP #1

I planned to do this since some time and then I felt like not doing it. However, Cuborg talked me into this and along with him I will start hosting small cups on W3Arena. These tours will have a bit different map pool than the ones that you are used to play. First one is tomorrow at 2pm. Read full article to get familiar with everything. SIGN UP HERE
The main purpose of the cups is to test the maps I've been editing and improving for W3Arena ladder. So far, I've go 7 maps which are on stable versions. Every round in tournament will be played on one of those maps.

Whole cup is in best of one format except finals which will be in best of three format. Cuborg talked me into this because I wanted whole cup to be bo1. Loser picks the map of his choice in second game, as always.

Tournament stats at 2pm CET. Tricky part is that we will allow only 8 players to take part in the cup and to determine which 8 players will take part in the cup I decided to make check - in period 10 minutes before the cup starts and to allow those who check - in first to play. First come, first serve.

We will also use a simplified ladder from tourney.cc to calculate players ratings after they have played at least 5 times in the cup against the players who meet the same criteria. I am thinking about some small prizes, and I will let you know about it in near future.

To register, you can simply go on w3cup.tourney.cc page and find the register button. We will use old W3CUP page because it has some history and it is very dear to me.

Also, bare in mind that all accounts that don't give me proper answers on my questions which will be asked if I sense any suspicion that their holder might have been involved in any dirty actions like hacking, cheating, trolling and so on, wont be allowed to participate in the cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will moderate comments for posts older than 14 days. Bear in mind that I will remove your comment if I find it rude, stupid or useless.