DYK

Monday, July 23, 2018

X-BOOSTER-X THE SECRET NECROPOLIS

Today X-BOOSTER-X, Andre, Undead player from Netherlands has reached level 50 solo on European server, leaving second player 8 levels behind. Since it is a huge personal milestone I decided to ask current rank 1 to spare some time for the community and give answers to some personal questions.




X-BOOSTER-X level 50, 23.07.2018.

I know this is your first level 50, a huge milestone. Tell me how do you feel today?
Yes it is my first level 50, before this reset my highest was 42-44, I'm not sure. I feel like my goal is achieved but I will continue.

You will break Dinker's record if you continue. Please don't.
What is the record?

55.
Really? What year?

2005.
Ah... I started playing somewhere around 2005 that's why I don't know. Nice level!

Thank you, but today you are the star. What level you plan on making?
I was thinking of level 99 but that would take me 6 months at least. I don't know if level 100 is possible. Still, I'm unsure if I want to to that.

On your road to 50, who were you toughest opponents?
Rainy, Schappi, LovelyDevil, Hanzou, NIFI, Jesus_Delgado, Toxi and you are good as well. Perhaps I forgot someone.

And hardest matchups?
It is hard on Lost Temple versus Orc and on Gnoll Wood I find it hard versus any race.

How did you start playing Warcraft 3?
I started playing in 2005 because my neighbour gave me some games.

What games did he give you? Do you remember?
I can remember only Warcraft 3.

Why do you play Undead, why don't you play Orc or Night elf?
That's a good questions, I gotta think about that.

Don't think just say. Why do you love UD?
Well, in the old days, I thought sleep was very good. Didn't know you could interpt sleep at that time.

Back in that old days you mentioned, I remember you were playing Orc.
Wait! Someone gave me this account. I played as AndreUndeadKing.

Oh yes, I remember. You were playing that Dreadlord fiends strategy on Legends, right?
Yes!

And what happened?
I saw I was getting beaten easily. I played mass games without using my brain. It was just because I liked the game. Still, at some point I couldn't stand losing anymore so I started improving little by little. Obstacle was that I used to smoke too much weed.

Did Warcraft 3 help you quit weed?
At some point, yes since it is impossible to smoke and play at the same time, even tho later I started smoking in my room. But now I am clean for 7 months.

You skipped one important part. You told me that at some point you couldn't stand losing anymore. What was that point?
Around 2013 I found out about Custom Keys. Before that I used to look at the stuff that people were doing so fast that I thought it was impossible and that I was lazy. When I implemented custom keys I suddenly could play different. I was faster and things went easier.

Lets go back in time a bit. Back then when you were just starting, did you have any favorite players?
Don't know about any, but I didn't like to meet some players like Rainy and Toxi at that times.

What about S_A_I_B_O_T?
Oh yes... Saibot too. But didn't play him as much as Rainy and Toxi.

You mentioned that someone gave you that account. How did that happen?
It happened somewhere between 2007 and 2008. Guy called Richard, mostly drunk Orc player was in between jobs, couldn't play so he gave me his account.

Are you still in contact with him?
No but I think I have his email somewhere. We met once IRL.



I know you for long time. Still, I can't remember you ever flamed. How come you are so friendly?
I flamed from 2005 till 2012 at least and I still haven't forgot it. 

Who did you flame back then and why? How , what would you write?
Hm... Probaly 'fuck u' but 'FUUU'.

That's insignificant flame...
And 'fucking hacker' too. But I think I would get mad just because I wasn't good enough.

And now? Do you feel like you are very good, good or the best?
I think I'm not the best player for fights and actions but I'm good with brain.



What is your biggest weapon as a player?
Well, I think it can be a strategy with secret Necropolis. When I'm fighting my enemy and he believes I'm weak and he can win I teleport to this secret Necropolis, make expand and continue creeping. I mostly do it on Tranquil Paths. People started thinking it was a cheat because I unsummon my necropolis after I teleported. It cancels the teleport and I continue killing opponents heroes. I've never seen anyone else doing it.

Favorite and least favorite map?
I veto Plunder Isle and Scroched Basin. Favorite map is Tranquil Paths. I also believe Tanks should be forbidden.

Do you have any hobbies beside Warcraft? What do you like to do?
I went to many parties, festivals. Driving car with mate, seeing movies with girlfriend. Thinking what happens after we die.

Girlfriend approves Warcraft 3?
Yes she approves.

Why did you stop smoking weed?
It made me depressed or my thoughts went different. Didn't want to have any contacts. But you must know, sometimes If I lose a game of Warcraft 3 I keep thinking about it while I'm working. What could I have done better.

That is a great last line. Is there anyone you would like to thank to? As a shout.
Well, thanks for this interview. Hm.. Well, I was playing Orc in 2014 but Adam said I was much better with Undead. So thank you Adam for making me play Undead again.

RoC.Adam?
Yes.

Okay Boosta, thank for you time and enjoy your nice day.
I will, thank you.


 


1 comment:

I will moderate comments for posts older than 14 days. Bear in mind that I will remove your comment if I find it rude, stupid or useless.