DYK

Sunday, January 29, 2012

LEGENDS AND THEIR MARKS

I bet every member of our community has his list of favorite people who shaped our beloved game. What bothers me, when I am reading their lists, is their subjective, irrelevant to the facts, without any grounds and reputation to back it, arrogant point of view, stupidity and above everything - feeling that they contribute and that they are being listened. They get this impression mostly because they are deluded that they represent something important. That is why I am going to make my own list, placing there even those who I personally dislike but who are, without doubt, the icons. The legends.
I've been present in Warcraft 3 scene since it's very beginnings. It was so long ago when I played my first battle.net game that I am embarrassed to say the exact year. It was in August of 2002. There I said it. Ten freaking years playing one game and still have fun playing it. Either the game is amazingly good or I am amazingly addicted. I go for the first one.

For these 10 years I have seen literally everything. Websites being made. Websites dying. Players raising to the top right before they are gone for good. People switching to more popular games then coming back after their miserable failures. People coming from modern games to become something in less popular game because they were failing in more complex battlefield. People being wild lions  then becoming pleasant cats. Attitudes changing, patches changing, META game changing, UD being imba, HU being too strong, ORC being hard to beat and finally ELF becoming race of noobs and those who like to do it easy way. Pretty much everything I'd say.

As arrogant newbies who recently won insane computer and made their first 5/0 solo NE account have habit to say, IMHO, none of these things wouldn't happen if there weren't people who acted like triggers and gave the other look to this game. At least in their era.

Newcomers, people who became recently good in anything, from playing football to playing Warcraft, will say that NOW, at this time they are present, THEIR PRESENT, game is on its highest level. Players were never better and one must have the highest level of skill, speed, gaming education, in one word, everything to be good and competitive. They totally forget about the fact that every era has its champions because of their selfish need  to upper the lever of their presence and existance. I agree that our electricity system is way better than in was in 1930's but can I really say that Nikola Tesla sucked ass and that those people who lived in that era sucked ass because they weren't as good as modern as we are?

No can do newbie! Simply because we owe them for the idea they gave us. The idea which was inspiring and which represents someone's else experience which we can't take for granted without giving them deserved credit. Without respecting those who made the paths we are walking now we are going in a big black hole filled with bad emotions.

List coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. cant wait for the list

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOL, Dinko... "Dinker" (?!?!? wtf is dinker?), dude, please, stop trying to think and GET A F*CKING LIFE? 10 years of not shaving your mustache, not having a single night-out, and not getting your d*ck out of your pants, except when you masturbate on dudes p0rn in the bathroom??? Man... and you dare to call someone else "arrogant" and "stupid"? I've never seen a creature that would fit better into this description than you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. u think only noobs playing nelf cause its the easiest way to win?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only, but just check any top game in replay manager - elf can win with using only 1 group, while his opoonent, hu/ud/orc is having 3x more actions and groups.
    it is the easiest race to play, thats why noobs and hackers are using it

    ReplyDelete

I will moderate comments for posts older than 14 days. Bear in mind that I will remove your comment if I find it rude, stupid or useless.