DYK

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WHY I DON'T PLAY RSL


Several guys asked me this question and now I am going to write it down. It is better like this than explaining separately to each person.

When I was first asked, or better - invited to join RSL competition, I instantly wrote that I won't participate if the league is played on classic maps. Actually, with that I meant to say that I will play it if the map pool is Roc Stars edition which I created and which I am editing and improving for the past 6 months.

There are several reasons why I won't play classic maps anymore:

- they are the same for 10 years 
- they have thousands discovered and well abused exploits 
- they force players to play certain races which are then forced to use certain strategies without any chance to improvise if they want to win their opponent 
- they are, on competitive level, killing all game variations that would be made by creative and innovative players and because of that they push players only in a way in which they care only about improving technical aspects of their game such as micro/ macro management, creeping patterns and general gaming speed rather than improving their game knowledge and understanding by inventing whole new set of meta strategies
- they are always increasing tension before the game because every player who is in the loading screen duel already thinks what strategy his opponent is going to play and how is he going to stop it and that is all happening because their battleground has been exploited to the maximum
- they are just not enough for the current top players and also for those who are there to have fun because all that they are offering has already been taken million of times before
- they are (the ones which were imported from TFT) poorly edited or not edited at all for the conditions of ROC gameplay and they are just being either too easy for one race or chaotic for all races
- they allow overrated players who were overrated by minds that were overrated by themselves to maintain that rating despite their inability to adapt which happens to be the case due to their robotic gameplay and lack of skill (experience, game knowledge and everything that doesn't go in the basket with technical aspects of the game such as micro/macro management, creeping patters and general gaming speed which are all just a piece of that great and often wrongly used word - skill)

I will stop here even tho list goes on. What bothers me even more than the fact that the classic maps are still going to be played in community events is the fact that my mates from Replayers, who knew how much time, effort and everything I've put in Roc Stars project, disregarded everything and decided not to promote better maps in their upcoming event.

For example, if Rocarena's leader, Adam, told me that he won't use Roc Stars maps ever, I would understand that. I would understand that he would be capable of hosting all his future events on classic maps even tho they can't be compared to Roc Stars because of the history between us. And he has every right to decide that. But what I can't understand is how a buddy, a mate who is the only one to be asked which maps are going to be used in his event, decides to pick even worse version of classic maps called rMaps.

Now this is why I refused to play RSL. Not only that the event is being hosted on worse version of classic maps but because my buddy who is hosting the event decided that.

Now, perhaps I am mistaken. Perhaps the players who are joining these events are not ready for Roc Stars edition. That is what RapiNG said. But then, how the hell are they not ready yet? Will they need 10 extra years of playing the same things on same maps to understand that a better change would do better for them?

I also can understand that because of my often arrogant  tone some players who believe that they are my rivals in game will instantly refuse to play Roc Stars. Even tho that way of thinking is a bit immature and useless, I am able to understand it.

To finish this depressive article I'd like to say that the game is going on no matter what. The only question is can it be a bit better for those who want to be better and a bit more fun for those who are looking for fun?

3 comments:

  1. Can you send me the new rsmaps in Skype ??? Thanks regards prott_gamer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. RS MAPS v3.12 = Latest version, right?

    ReplyDelete

I will moderate comments for posts older than 14 days. Bear in mind that I will remove your comment if I find it rude, stupid or useless.